WOOL CARPET CAREMake sure you are taking the best care of your wool carpet.
How to Best Care for Wool Carpet
Wool carpets are beautiful. They’re usually extremely valuable too. Because of that, you will want to get the most out of your investment as possible. The way to achieve this is through proper care and cleaning. No matter how hard you try, you will probably get stains and spills on your carpet at one point or another. These can be a carpet’s worst enemy, so you will want to act as quick as possible! With the proper cleaning materials you can deal with accidental spills. Read through our tips for caring for wool carpet and call Chem-Dry Windy City now if you need quick, effective wool carpet cleaning beyond what you can do.
Five Steps of Effective Wool Carpet Care
- Get ahead of spots and stains. Place absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home. Be sure to clean the mats when these mats become dirty. It is also a great idea to frequently change filters in your heating and air conditioning systems in order to keep dust particles out of the air.
- Maintain a routine vacuuming schedule. An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. A suction-only vacuum may be required for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing. We recommend emptying the vacuum cleaner dust bag when half full–or half empty depending on how you look at it ;).
- Pay special attentions to the traffic lanes and the areas in front of frequently used chairs. These areas may require more frequent cleaning. You may start to see faint dirt build-up. Have these areas cleaned before they get worse and settle in forever.
- Always save a few paper towels along with cleaning solutions to quickly handle everyday spills and accidents.
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned by Chem-Dry, ask about our Wool Safe® products.
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout the greater Chicago metro area including: Northern Cook County, Lake County, Deerfield, Des Plaines, Evanston, Glenview, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Niles, Northbrook, Oak Park, Park Ridge, River Grove, Skokie, Wheaton, Wilmette, Winnetka, Schaumburg and the surround communities.
Chem-Dry Windy City
Chicago Carpet, Upholstery, Area Rug, Tile & Grout Cleaning
Call or Text for A Free Estimate:
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Sat: 8am-1pm